I will occasionally be doing these “Coffee Talks” post. This is a way for me to unload the ramblings in my head and you get to hear some random and hopefully interesting food for thought as well! Win-Win for
me everyone! So without further ado, pass me the creamer and let’s get to chattin’!
Grab some coffee and let’s get started…
- I feel like the Olympics have been going on for like 3 months. Am I the only one? I liked watching them a week ago. Now though, I’m like, “Oh joy, the Olympics are on……. again”. It can’t just be me…right?
- I am a dedicated Today Show fan, I love every one of them – Hoda, Kathie Lee, Jenna, John Cena, Shanell, that Jeff Rossin guy, etc. However, for some reason, I am just NOT a fan of Megyn Kelly. I don’t know what it is about her, but she just gives me a bad vibe. She tries REALLY hard to be a bad@ss and she’s really NOT, maybe that’s what it is?
- My husband built some paralettes the other night to use in his workouts. He is 34 years old (in a few weeks) and he can still do a lot of the gymnastic moves he did 20+ years ago. Impressive! Click here for the video!
- We are currently limiting screen time in our house and while it’s been tough, I think it is getting better and better as the days go on. They get an hour of tv and iPad play in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Its only been a week, stay tuned!
- Texas weather is losing its mind, per the usual. One day it’s almost 80. The next day it’s in the 30’s and rainy. My plants don’t know what they should be doing at this point.
- I am currently experiencing a very unhealthy craving for Chili Lime salt this week? Can someone please explain that to me? It’s creeping me out like the time I craved Pimento Cheese during pregnancy. I had only tried Pimento Cheese once prior to that an I didn’t like it.
Could you pass the sugar?
- I made a Chicken Caprese Pasta dish I found on Pinterest the other night for dinner. It was super yummy and easy to make. Cook your chicken and then you basically dump all the ingredients into a pan and cook it. The hubs had THREE servings, Nolan didn’t touch his and Dane ate the chicken. It was YUMMY.
- I’m a huge fan of trashy reality tv and currently, I’m trying to catch up on: The Challenge, Teen Mom, Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives of BH, Siesta Key, 60 Days In, Intervention: the Heroin Triangle, and Undercover High! I’m behind on all of them because I’m a mom and I don’t get to watch TV.
- Yesterday I was doing something on my phone and Dane told me, “Mom, I thought we weren’t doing screens”. I couldn’t think off the top of my head how to explain that screen time is only limited to him and his brother without saying just that. So I just gave him a look and said, “aren’t you supposed to be eating”. #parentingfail
- We had so much self-control that we didn’t buy a single box of girl scout cookies this season and then at the last second, I REALLY wanted some. I asked my husband put a post on a local FB group the other night to try and find some and the next day I had a very unhealthy order of cookies delivered to my door. #HalleyFail
I know not everyone is going to agree with me on this, but that’s fine.
That’s the beautiful thing about America, we all have different opinions and that’s okay.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott granted clemency to Thomas Bart Whitaker on Thursday. Bart was within an hour of being put to death by lethal injection for the murders of his mother and brother, and attempted murder of his father. His sentencing was changed to Life in Prison with just 40 minutes to spare. His younger brother that was killed, Kevin, was my husbands best friend. While I will never understand what Bart did and I will never forgive him for the pain he has put his family and my husband through, it is not my place to judge him. Kent, his father, has forgiven him and would have been victimized yet again if he would have lost his only remaining family member to lethal injection. He shouldn’t have to watch his last son die and relive that nightmare, that’s not what he wanted nor was it what anyone in his deceased wife’s family wanted. For more on this story click HERE.